- 300g dark chocolate, grated/chopped
- 15ml cornflour
100g pecan nuts, chopped
- Extra white and dark chocolate, melted
5 extra-large eggs, separated (for garnishing)
- 60ml Annique Rooibos Lifestyle Shake (chocolate flavour)
- Gooseberries and mint for garnishing
- 1ml cream of tartar
- 45ml sweetener, like Xylitol
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Butter a 23cm loose-bottom cake tin well.
- Combine the chocolate and nuts. Place in the fridge.
- Whisk the egg yolk and shake until light and thick.
- Whisk the egg whites, cream of tartar and sweetener until stiff peaks form.
- Sift the cornflour over the mixture and fold in.
- Combine the nut mixture and the egg yolks mixture, fold in whipped egg whites and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until done and the cake loosens from the sides.
- Unmould and garnish with strips of dark and white chocolate.
- Cut into slices and decorate with a gooseberry and mint.
- Serve with the chocolate yogurt cream if desired.
Share this post
← Older Post
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh