For those who haven’t yet discovered Rooibos Tea’s secret health and beauty benefits, here’s why you should make Rooibos part of your daily routine:
It heals and keeps skin healthy
- Rooibos is rich in alpha hydroxy and zinc – both important nutrients for healthy skin.
- Alpha hydroxy not only reduces the signs of ageing but also revitalises the skin.
- Zinc heals wounds, protects against UV rays and has anti-inflammatory properties, which could alleviate acne, pimples and sunburn.
- Drinking and/or applying Rooibos tea to your skin will improve the skin in the most natural way.
Promotes shiny hair
- Helps prevent hair loss as its active ingredients help remove dead skin cells that block hair follicles and prevent hair from growing.
- Rooibos contains minerals such as zinc, calcium, copper and potassium which are essential for hair growth.
- Polyphenols (antioxidants) contained in Rooibos promote shiny and soft hair.
You can prepare your own Rooibos tea rinse at home by steeping the tea for about 30 minutes in boiled water. Once cooled, pour tea over freshly washed or conditioned hair or simply spray it on. Allow tea to sit for 20 minutes before rinsing.
Heals the body from within
- Antioxidants in Rooibos, namely aspalathin and nothofagin have anti-inflammatory properties, which assists in preventing cardiovascular disease.
- Antiviral properties of these antioxidants boost the immune system.
- Aspalathin also has a hypoglycemic effect on the body that helps balance blood sugar and improves insulin resistance, which may help prevent one from developing type 2 diabetes.
Helps relieve IBS symptoms
- The antispasmodic agents found in Rooibos help ease stomach aches and pains and aids digestion by smoothing out the muscles in the gut.
- If you suffer from IBS, try drinking a cup of Rooibos about half an hour before a meal to get the most out of this effect.
- Rooibos tea will help you breathe easier as it’s a bronchodilator (a substance that dilates the bronchi and bronchioles in lungs to increase airflow).
- Many researchers also believe the tea could alleviate the symptoms of asthma.
Improves blood flow
- Chrysoeriols is a flavonoid contained in Rooibos which aids in blood circulation and has also been linked to reducing cholesterol.
For more info on Rooibos’ health and beauty benefits, visit www.rooibosalways.co.za